Still loving my old washtubs. Flowers do really well in them. (Thanks, Susan! :) )
This area wasn't finished in my first post. I'm still trying to get figured out how to make a functioning hose reel so technically, it's STILL not finished but I took our old front door, a curbside enamel sink, cedar fence boards and a curbside wreath (I added the bow) and created a potting bench of sorts. Underneath (accessible by a door) is a wooden spool that I have dreams of making a functioning hose reel for that messy hose lying beside it. :)
2 years ago, in the front bed, I planted 2 very tiny wedding ring hydrangeas and a dwarf crape myrtle. Unfortunately, our winters are too hard for the crape myrtle and I lost that. The hydrangeas have been valiantly struggling to survive and are actually blooming this year for the first time. The bloom is almost as big as the plant. :) This bed still looks rather bare due to the fact that the plants are still so small. I replaced the crape myrtle with a pink knockout rose (it's between blooming seasons right now) and a clematis (in hopes it grows up the ladder).
You may or may not have noticed something missing in these pictures from the first time I posted. The old shed is gone! A neighbor man came and salvaged most of the remaining siding and the floor. He is planning to reuse most of it in a cabin he's building. He also took some of the beams after it was down. The only thing remaining is the flagstone foundation which we are stacking on pallets. I will keep some and we will probably sell some. The roofing is still undisposed of and I would like to keep some of it for a project that's been in my 'queue'. ;) Here are a few 'UN'beauty shots of what remains.
Today I finished up a repurpose project that is for sale. I'll try to share before and afters of it sometime later this week.
From the farmhouse,