Antique marble topped dresser repurposed to a bathroom vanity.
|This was the only before picture I could find. Not awful but in need of a little lovin'.|
(Please pardon the messy shop. It's cleaned up now. ;) )
The center drawer was broken. 2 of the pulls were broken and the finish was very tired.
|After. I have no good way to show it with the faucet but I will include a picture of the faucet. (I LOVE it!)|
My plan of action included fixing the broken drawer, shortening the middle drawer and modifying the top long drawer to accommodate a drain pipe, and paint. I used MMS milk paint in Ironstone and waxed with clear wax to seal and dark wax to bring out the lovely details. Since the center top drawer never had a pull (I suppose you were supposed to open it with the key but I don't have it.) and 2 of the other ones were broken, I found 3 similar and a bit smaller pulls for the top row of drawers. DH helped me drill a hole in the marble top to accommodate the sink drain. We used a diamond hole saw and water. Drilling very slowly made for a nice clean cut. It's now for sale here: FOR SALE
A few more shots:
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday
from the farmhouse,