Thursday, July 9, 2015

Dresser Repurposed to Bathroom Vanity

Here is a quick post with before and afters of a project I finished up this week.

Antique marble topped dresser repurposed to a bathroom vanity.
This was the only before picture I could find. Not awful but in need of a little lovin'.
(Please pardon the messy shop. It's cleaned up now. ;) )
The center drawer was broken. 2 of the pulls were broken and the finish was very tired.

After. I have no good way to show it with the faucet but I will include a picture of the faucet. (I LOVE it!)

My plan of action included fixing the broken drawer, shortening the middle drawer and modifying the top long drawer to accommodate a drain pipe, and paint. I used MMS milk paint in Ironstone and waxed with clear wax to seal and dark wax to bring out the lovely details. Since the center top drawer never had a pull (I suppose you were supposed to open it with the key but I don't have it.) and 2 of the other ones were broken, I found 3 similar and a bit smaller pulls for the top row of drawers. DH helped me drill a hole in the marble top to accommodate the sink drain. We used a diamond hole saw and water. Drilling very slowly made for a nice clean cut. It's now for sale here: FOR SALE

A few more shots:

Linking to:
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday

from the farmhouse,


  1. This is beautiful! I love the entire piece! I have always wanted to try this...but I'm chicken I guess!


Thanks for taking the time to make my day with your comments!