1fbd448c7c9224ebac48cf940eaf38d40dfb899032468364bd

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hand-Painted Signs~New Etsy Listings

Before Christmas I started working on repurposing two wooden cabinet doors that I had gotten from a garage sale last summer. The lady I bought them from said they were from a local bank that was doing a remodel and just throwing them away. She grabbed them because she didn't want to see them thrown away but didn't really have a plan for them. So she decided to offer them at her garage sale. I found them near the end of the day and she was willing to deal. She sold them to me half price and I brought them home with the intention of making them into signs.

Like I said, I started before Christmas but as I mentioned in my previous post, I got really busy during December and I didn't get them finished. So this week I decided to dust them off and finish them. They are now listed in my shop. I realize the one is 'off-season' but I went ahead and listed it in case someone is looking for decor for the next holiday season.

I used Miss Mustard Seed Milk paint for the door and craft paint for the lettering. I just printed the sign off and transferred it to the sign by tracing the letters over carbon paper. (No Silhouette Cameo needed!)





From the Farmhouse

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! They are both beautiful!
    I like how you shared your font-transfer secret! I may do that with chalkboard lettering (chalk the back of paper or something). Worth a try ;). I miss your blogging, but I'll find you on FB ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand painted signs ensure that you have something unique to your business. Hand-made signs with a Do-it-Yourself appearance are a growing trend within the sign industry, as they humanize companies that might otherwise seem faceless and difficult to relate to

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make my day with your comments!