1fbd448c7c9224ebac48cf940eaf38d40dfb899032468364bd

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Main Bath Redo - Before and To-Do List

I've been working on a pre-redo project and it's taking a little longer than I anticipated. (Normal, huh?) So, until I get it finished to show you, I thought I'd give you a little idea what I will be working on in this bath re-do. Here are some before pictures and my ideas of what I'm doing different.
This is the view coming in the door and looking left.
It's a 2-part bathroom, with a door between the toilet/tub and the vanity.
This is the separating door. I have plans to make it into a sliding barn door type of
arrangement like Misty's at Not An Empty Room.
Right now the door is kind of intrusive and this seems like the perfect remedy. Thanks for a great idea, Misty!
The linen closet....which stinks inside!
Definitely being replaced.... with the project I'm currently
working on. I can't wait to show you!
Nasty, nasty, NASTY tub! The faucet leaks making it impossible for  me to keep this lovely orange streak from decorating my tub. It's not in the budget to do a tub replacement but I'm looking at a product that is for tub resurfacing. If anyone has used it, I'd love to hear from you! I'm also hoping to replace the surround - there's a new one on Craigslist right now that suits me.  (Just have to get it to pass DH's inspection.) And last (but definitely not least) for the tub
is a new faucet. Oh yeah, and a new (or repurposed) shower curtain.
I like this shower curtain but the blue is going so this won't match.
Tons of tile with blue speckles. Not the worst tile I've seen but way too much of it.
I'd like to rip out and replace with white beadboard. We'll see how that goes. I
haven't tried removing the tile - it may prove more daunting than I'm ready to tackle.
Lovely {not} vanity. Notice how the doors don't shut right - this thing is past it's prime! Amazingly enough, I found one this exact size with the sink at the right place at the ReStore. Since this re-do is on a budget, I'm going with stock counter top from the local home improvement store. I've got my eye on a Craigslist sink and an eBay faucet.
This grungy blue carpet is outta here!
These (there's a pair) light fixtures are cute and will fit in with my new theme. I'll just change the shades.

This fixture, on the other hand, is going to be replaced.

So there it is. I've got a lot of work ahead of me. (Well, DH too). I can't wait to finish the current project so I can tear into this and give this poor room a new life. I'll post my progress in steps before doing a final reveal. Woo hoo! Let's get started!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I will be following along in your renovation adventures!

    As for that tub stuff...I used that on the pink tub in my old house. It was AWFUL. It smelled so bad I had to move out for 4 weeks. Between coats you are supposed to put the paint in the fridge to keep. I had to not only throw away all of the food in the fridge and freezer, but I had to unplug and air out the fridge for weeks afterward. The chemicals made all the food taste like the paint! And on top of all of that...The paint peeled off of the tub in huge strips shortly afterward.
    Now, this was 4 years ago and maybe they have changed things a bit so that this doesnt happen. But I have to say that tub paint was the worst DIY disaster I have ever gotten myself into. Check reviews before using any of it.

    and happy renovating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. It felt like our bathroom remodel took for ever. Oh it did! Any way good luck and thanks for the comment and becoming a follower. I can't wait to see what your bathroom turns out like.
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to see the transformation!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make my day with your comments!